Original Bar Harness
The Original Bar Harness was invented in 1993 to solve the problem of where to attach tie-downs to a motorcycle covered in plastic bodywork. It is made entirely of Polyester webbing and sewn with polyester thread, using our own stitch pattern, on cnc programmable sewing machines. The Original Bar Harness became a must-have for most people transporting motorcycles. Until the invention of the Bar Harness II, it was, and in many cases, still is the safest and easiest way to secure a motorcycle for transport.
What size do I need?
The 33105 Red Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 28 inches wide.
The 33202 Blue Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 28 inches wide.
bet36体育在线The 33505 Black Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 28 inches wide.
bet36体育在线The 37105 Red Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 32 inches wide.
bet36体育在线The 37205 Blue Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 32 inches wide.
bet36体育在线The 37505 Black Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 32 inches wide.
The 39105 Red Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 34 inches wide.
The 39205 Blue Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 34 inches wide.
The 39505 Black Original Bar Harness fits bars up to 34 inches wide.
bet36体育在线If you need something narrower or wider, give us a call!
bet36体育在线NOTE: We are a little generous with our webbing so all of our sizes typically fit bar a little wider (1 to 1.5 inches) than shown here.
- Turn off the engine and remove the key.
- Load the motorcycle onto trailer or into truck, placing front wheel against a secure stop (such as the truck cab). A helper or “spotter” is highlyrecommended.
- Lower the side stand or have someone steady the motorcycle until it is secured.
- Inspect the Bar-Harness for signs of weakening or fraying of the sewing or webbing. Call us for free replacement if the integrity of the Bar-Harness is compromised in any way.
- Grasp one cuff in each hand and pull apart far enough to slip first one cuff, then the other, over the handlebar grips. Be sure the cuffs are all the way on, up to, but not over any switch gear. You will notice it is necessary to rotate either cuff 180 degrees toward the front or rear so that the cross straps hang from the bottom of the cuffs. This will cause a twist in the cross straps, which is normal. Next, pull out on the ends of the straps until they are snug and the cuffs are all the way on the grips.
- You will now be able to install your own tie-down hooks into the loops at the ends of the straps.
- The hooks at the other end of your tie-downs should be secured in position to triangulate the support of the motorcycle.
- Additional tie-downs are highly recommended and should be attached nearer the rear of the motorcycle (possibly to exposed frame tubes or grab handles). The ideal situation is to tie the weight of the motorcycle downward so as to take the weight of the motorcycle out of the equation, then all the Bar-Harness has to do is keep the bike upright, causing less stress on motorcycle components.
This warning is for your protection! Don’t ignore it and blame it on the harness.
NEVER start engine with harness installed.
NEVER install harness on loose bars.
bet36体育在线NEVER install harness on any part of the motorcycle except the grips at the ends of the bars.
NEVER install harness on handlebars higher than four inches above the top triple clamp or handlebar clamp.
NEVER compress the front forks more than half way, or approximately two to three inches.
bet36体育在线NEVER pull down on the straps hard enough to bend your handlebars.
NEVER install harness on motorcycles with extended forks (such as choppers).